At Flora House, our children and youth programs give our neighbourhood youngsters a safe place to be off the streets five days of the week. Our programs are all geared to encourage ongoing personal growth and to develop skills in Math, English, Science, Sports, the Arts, Nutrition, and Computers.
After School Program: Ages 6-10
- There is a skills based learning approach taken to all program delivery
- The program runs from September to June each year from Monday to Friday
- Each day takes a different learning focus such as literacy, sports, fine arts, music, computers, nutrition, etc.
- Attendance every day is essential.
- Registration is required. The Program is limited to 30 participants. Please contact the After School Program Coordinator at 586-5494 between August 15 and September 5.
Summer Day Camps: Ages 6-12
- This program runs for 7 weeks during the summer from Tuesday to Thursday; noon to 4 p.m.
- The day starts with a healthy lunch at noon.
- Registration is required; intake is continuous over the summer.
- Through the generosity of our donors we are able to offer the children a variety of activities and outings. Parental consent is required for each field trip.
Spring Break: Bible Adventure camp. Ages 6-10
- This program runs from noon to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday during the school Spring break.
- Pre registration is necessary call the After School Children’s program coordinator at Flora House 586-5494
- The program starts with a healthy lunch at noon and ends with a nutritious snack
- The program includes Bible activity, crafts, and sports.
- There is a mid week carnival for the children.
- The final day there is a special outing to the pool followed by a parent/child barbecue.